Reds Team Training
Hello there! Thanks for stopping by : ). Here's info on team training - please contact us if you have questions.
- Team Training is $50 / month which includes a team plan and team activities (details below)
- Team Registration is 'rolling' - you can join or stop at anytime. Our only "rule" is that an athlete join with enough time to train for their race without injury.
- We pick several "team races" each year as a way to build community and keep training fun - these are never required; please pick races that work for you. 2023 races listed below.
- You do not have to be part of the team to join classes and clinics - we'd love to have you join us however it works for you!
- Athletes receive a team plan targeting their "A race" that is appropriate for their fitness level and race goals.
- Plans are loaded into Training Peaks several months at a time by Liz.
- It is the athlete's responsibility to follow the plan and move workouts around as needed to fit training into life.
- Coach - athlete communication is limited with team training in that there is not individual follow up on training. In-person team training sessions are intended for questions and learning + we have a robust team community that is all about helping each other > our goal is to help everyone be successful!
- If a team athlete wants more in-depth help, consulting is available for $50 / hour
- Those looking for more intensive coaching may consider the 1:1 coaching option - info here.
- Team training sessions 2023:
- NOTE: team activities we put on are included with the monthly fee > sometimes we join pre-organized events around town (like bike rides or run races) and those do require registration / fees. They are always optional!
- New Year Cocoa Run - Saturday Jan 7, 8-10 AM, Meet @ Liz's House. Team New Year Kick Off - open to all!
- 2023 Winter Spin - Virtual Saturday Morning Spin Class, Jan 14 - March 11, 2023, 8 - 9 AM). Included with team or can register $99 Alum / $120
- Goal Setting - Saturday Feb 4, 2023 @ Liz's House, 2:30 - 4:30(ish). Included with team.
- Gravel Ride - March 18 - "Monkey Press Gravel Ride" - Meet @ Monkey Press Cafe in Pleasant Hill for riding & coffee . Included with team or can register $5 Alum / $10
- Run into Spring - 6 week run class, Thursdays April 6 - May 11, 6-7 PM, Roe Park). Included with team or can register $70 Alum / $85
- Gravel Ride - April 15 - "Crane to Kauffman Gravel Ride" Meet @ Crane Brewery in Raytown. Included with team or can register $5 Alum / $10
- Trolly Run - April 30 (Registration required) - run 4 or 8 miles + plan to meet up for breakfast (location TBD) after!
- Gravel Ride - May 27 - GravAlpaca Ride!! - Meet @ Reynold's Cafe in Garden City & ride to Alpaca Farm! Included with team or can register $5 Alum / $10
- UNBOUND - June 5 TEAM GRAVEL RACE (requires entry fee and travel to Emporia)
- BIG FUN TEAM TRAINING WEEKEND JUNE 24/25th: Saturday - Run & Swim, Sunday - Tour de Lakes Bike Ride (Organized ride with various distances that the Reds join for fun; Requires entry > we'll use this one for a big training ride for those doing the team 70.3 this year (Chisago Lakes Triathlon). Details to come.
- SHAWNEE MISSION PARK TRIATHLON - TEAM SPRINT/OLY RACE - July 9, 2023 (requires entry fee) > get 25% off with code: TRICLUB2023
- CHISAGO LAKES TRIATHLON - TEAM 70.3 - JULY 30, 2023 (requires entry fee and travel to Minnesota)
- MATT MASON TRIATHLON - TEAM SPRINT/OLY RACE - August 6, 2023 (requires entry fee)
- Summer Breeze Bike Ride - August 27, 2023 (requires entry fee); come support our Reds doing Ironman California!!
- September - TBD
- Ironman California - Oct 22, 2023
- Dates TBD / Fall 2023:
- Reds EOY Banquet - TBD
- Bikes, Bonfires, & S'Mores (Saturday possibly / November (?), 2023, 2 - 5 PM, Pleasant Hill Lake). Included with the team.
- December Holiday Buster (Virtual Saturday Morning Spin Class, Dec 2023, 8;30-9:30 am). Included with team or can register.
- Training Peaks Account (Basic)
- Weekly newsletter with the activity schedule, race updates, and training information
- Private facebook group where people coordinate workouts, support each other, answer questions, etc.